Shamus Mahannah is Canadian born, deathcore listening, head banging, double bass foot-tapping tattooer from Quebec, Canada. He’s been tattooing professionally for about 10 years and has been working at MTL Tattoo in Montreal since day 1. He also hates sleep and thinks it’s a total waste of time – and I agree!
See more of Shamus’ work and stay up-to-date via his Instagram
10 Questions with Shamus
1. WHAT GOT YOU STARTED IN TATTOOING?
I was studying illustration and design and kinda fell into it. For me then it was just another art medium - now it has become my life
2. FEAR OF?
Being burnt alive
3. WHAT IS ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
Hedge trimmer and a dirt bike, hahaha!
4. DOGS OR CATS?
Dogs, hate cats!
5. IF YOU COULD LEARN ANYTHING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
To fly a helicopter
6. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
7. WHAT IS THE SCARIEST AND/OR HARDEST THING YOU'VE DONE?
Hardest thing I've done was watching my mother pass
8. FAVOURITE PLACE THAT YOU'VE TRAVELLED?
I haven't really travelled that much due to work and family life but so far it's been Strasbourg, France. Great food, amazing people and I really enjoyed the architecture
9. SOMEONE YOU'D LIKE TO MEET?
10. FAVOURITE QUOTE?
Don't really have one, sorry.