I was introduced to Jelle and his work back in 2013/14 while he was temporarily living and working in Melbourne at a shop where one of my good friends worked at the time. By the time Jelle left we knew each other pretty well – I got tattooed a bunch from him, we painted, went to a strip club (and took our shirts off) and fished for trout together. In more recent times, Jelle has settled down with a lovely lady and is living in the UK.
Stay up-to-date with Jelle and his work via his Instagram
10 QUESTIONS WITH JELLE
1. WHAT GOT YOU STARTED IN TATTOOING?
The love for tattoos.
2. FEAR OF?
Can't say I have any real fears.
3. WHAT IS ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
Settling down and having a family, everything else has been ticked off.
4. DOGS OR CATS?
Dog person, but somehow I've ended up with a cat.
5. IF YOU COULD LEARN ANYTHING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Anything. I love learning things.
6. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
7. WHAT IS THE SCARIEST AND/OR HARDEST THING YOU'VE DONE?
Learning to draw.
8. FAVOURITE PLACE THAT YOU'VE TRAVELLED?
New Zealand and Australia
9. SOMEONE YOU'D LIKE TO MEET?
Robin Williams, but since that's a bit late now I'd go for Bruce Springsteen.
10. FAVOURITE QUOTE?
"Fuck it, let's go bowling!"