Fabian’s a Chilean born tattooer working out of Sunset Tattoo in Auckland, New Zealand.
I was following the work of Fabian for a few months when I heard he was he was guesting in town (this was back in Melbourne) – As soon as I heard, I booked in and he covered a really ugly tattoo on my leg so I’m forever in his debt. We caught up again recently when I went to paint his old studio, 13 Needles in Auckland.
See more of Fabian's work and stay up-to-date via his Instagram.
10 Questions with Fabian
1. WHAT GOT YOU STARTED IN TATTOOING?
2. FEAR OF?
Not getting what I want in life.
3. WHAT IS ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
World tour tattooing, football world cup, skydive and ayahuasca experience.
4. DOGS OR CATS?
5. IF YOU COULD LEARN ANYTHING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Build tattoo machines
6. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
7. WHAT IS THE SCARIEST AND/OR HARDEST THING YOU'VE DONE?
I think the hardest thing is doing solid tattoos (still working on it!! hahah)
8. FAVOURITE PLACE THAT YOU'VE TRAVELLED?
9. SOMEONE YOU'D LIKE TO MEET?
Alejandro Jodorowky (writer, comic director, tutor master, zen master, etc..)
10. FAVOURITE QUOTE?