Gold Coast, Australia
Danel's a São Paulo born tattooer currently working on the Gold Coast, Australia.
Initially starting out as a graffiti artist in 1996, his curiosity and ambition found him tattooing in 2002. Since then he's travelled the world working in and out of some of the best shops from New York to Oslo. In 2014 Danel made the move to Australia - and the rest is history!
See more of Danel's work and stay up-to-date via his Instagram.
10 Questions with Danel
1. WHAT GOT YOU STARTED IN PAINTING AND CALLIGRAPHY?
Seeing all the "pixação" (Brazilian tags) on the streets of São Paulo where I grew up.
2. EARLY BIRD OR NIGHT OWL?
3. FEAR OF?
4. WHAT IS ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?
Travel the world with my family .
5. WHAT IS THE HARDEST / SCARIEST THING YOU'VE DONE?
The hardest thing I've done was after 30 years living in the same city, move to Australia.
6. IF YOU COULD LEARN ANYTHING WHAT WOULD IT BE?
7. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
The Jungle Book.
8. FAVOURITE PLACE YOU'VE TRAVELLED?
9. SOMEONE YOU'D LIKE TO MEET?
My best friend who died 6 years ago.
10. FAVOURITE QUOTE?
EU NUNCA PERDI, E APENAS GANHEI OU APRENDI.
"I never lose, either I win or I learn."